- Eliminate Al-Kadhum Hostiles
- Characters: Al Kadhum, Sangheili Marines, Pvt. Zuka 'Chavamee, Major Josh Konaree, Field Master Lex Norsan
- Weather: Morning, Sunny
- Vehicles Used: Type 71 Assault Phantom, Pick-up trucks with mounted turret, Troop Transport Truck, T-72, BPM-2, IFV
- Achievements: None
- Skulls: None
Gameplay Info Edit
- Level: Targets Aquired
- Date/Time: March 16, 2947, 9:55:09 am and counting
- Place: Khaled Al-Sahad City, Baghdad
- Character: Unnamed Phantom Gunner
- Division: 1st Battallion, 78th Elite Regiment
Opening Scene Edit
The satellite uploads a video feed of North Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as the war continues.
News Caster: Heavy fighting continued throughout the night as Sangheili Marines continued to push towards the city in pursuit of Khaled Al-Sahad. Sporadic fighting can be heard as the bulk of Al-Sahad's forces fall back towards the Presidential Palace.
Sangheili Marine: Gunner can you give us cover fire?
Type 71 Assault Phantom Gunner: Sure thing. We'll take out any hostiles we see.
The satellite tracks and analyzes the Type 71 Assault Phantom. The satellite tracks the phantom gunner.
Type 71 Assault Phantom Gunner: We have multiple hostiles in an apartment complex that needs clearing out. We will give you cover fire over.
Field Master Lex Norsan: Roger that! Out! Marines head over towards the apartment complex! It needs clearing out! Phantom Gunner will give us cover fire! Move!
The player begins the mission either as the Typoe-71 Assault Phantom gunner. The goal is to eliminate Al-Kadhum forces giving Alpha Company cover fire. As the team goes down the block, they will encounter more and more resistance. There is a roadblock at the end of the road, at which time the player heads down a side alley into the parking area of an apartment complex.
At this apartment complex, enemy reinforcements start coming in trucks, and the team on the ground has to try to make there way and clear out the apartments.
There are crucial parts in this mission in which the Phantoms gunner's explosive ammunition will be very useful. The Phantom gunner should provide covering fire for the soldiers on the ground. Using the plasma minigun, the gunner should take out any enemies he can see.
Beware, though, as the minigun's explosive rounds can easily kill the teammates on the ground by friendly fire.
Ending Scene Edit
None, creen is black and displays a loading bar.
- The description is erroneous as it refers to a "Vulcan Minigun", a "minigun" is nickname for a M134 (used in the spec op) which itself is a smaller version of the M61 Vulcan. Interestingly, the only times in the Call of Duty series where a M61 Vulcan is usable is in the mission "Spectre" of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Nintendo DS), and in "Clearing the Way" of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized, mounted on an AC-130H as the 20mm (the main games use the AC-130U which sports the 25mm GAU-12 Equalizer).
- The minigun shoots out plasma rounds.